|Product Design||Product Designer||Internship & Full Employment||London, UK|
The Team and Company
Trillium Technologies is an international innovation firm dedicated to the Design and Engineering of systems platforms in Ocean Conservation, Climate Change, and Space Exploration.
We love challenging problems and the opportunity to invent elegant solutions to solve them. We have a successful track record of developing a broad range of technologies in the fields of consumer electronics, renewable energy, robotics, connected objects, and citizen science. Following a “Mission Oriented” approach, every system we build is developed with a specific Mission Objective in mind. Whether it's a system to build an embedded Artificial Intelligence for ocean conservation or working with NASA to build a robotic observatory for planetary defense.
Trillium Technologies is a hardware startup based in London, UK with a network of international partners in the USA, France, and Hong Kong.
The Type of Things You'll Build
Trillium Technologies is developing multiple technologies which will allow the hired candidate to apply and evolve their skills in product design.
The particular focus of this role will be on the development of OCTOtalk, an underwater wireless communication and embedded intelligence platform for SCUBA divers and snorkelers. OCTOtalk is a disruptive reinvention of the SCUBA mask with applications as a consumer electronics product as well as a citizen science platform for ocean research and conservation.
In parallel, this role may also assist in the product design of other projects, such as Ultrascope, a 3D printable and fully autonomous robotic telescope for Planetary Defense. For more information on OCTOtalk and other projects please visit www.trillium.tech
What We Are Looking For
- A person to collaborate with in a true innovation/invention environment.
- Someone comfortable with both aesthetic, scientific and engineering thinking.
- Someone who can be relied upon to deliver and manage your work (you will not be micro managed).
- We are a growing company and successful applicants will need to show a willingness to learn new skills on the job that may not fall into the traditional product design skill sets.
Required Skills and Experience
- Be a design thinker with strong build capability.
- Be able to think in 3D and problem solve.
- Great visualization skills (Sketching & 3D).
- Understand the multi disciplinary complexity required to deliver a successful project.
- Rapid prototyping and model making.
A Few "Good to haves"
- Good functional knowledge of 3D printing.
- Graphic design skill.
- Scuba Certification